Just in time for Gift Giving! As we ramp up to the holidays and get ready for all those gift ideas, I have another great idea that I saw at the Stampin’ Up Convention. Shelli Gardner showed these great interactive gift card cards, and I made a few to share with my stamp clubs this month.
This is an image of Shelli’s card that she shared at convention….it has a great WOW factor because the inside of the card slides up as you open it….SUPER COOL!
This is my card, which is kind of a highbred between Shelli’s idea and another card that was shared at convention (see the previous post for the card that I am referring to). I started with a Basic Black piece of card stock.
- CUT: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- SCORE: 1-1/2″, 2-1/2″ from one end and 4-1/4″ from the other end
- Fold up on the 4-1/4″ score line and down on the 1-1/2″ score line (to form the flap)
- CUT INSERT: 3-1/4″ x 5″
- SCORE INSERT: 3/4″ from one end and 1/2″ from the other end
- Fold back on the 3/4″ score line and up on the 1/2″ score line (to form the pocket for the gift card- use one mini glue dot on each side to attach the pocket)
- Attach the insert to the card flap with sticky strip above the 3/4″ score line of the insert and above the 1-1/2″ score line on the card base
- Use a piece of sticky strip on each side of the pocket of the card base to attach the card closed
- Embellish with a paper bow, tag, and/or whatever you desire
Here is another version of this same basic idea for Christmas. I used the Season of Style DSP (p.23 in the Holiday catalog), the Gift Bow Bigz die (p.37), and the Christmas Collectibles stamp set (p.35).
Give it a try…..it is really fun, and I can’t wait to see the expressions on the faces of the gift card recipients when they open up this card! Thanks for stopping by today.